Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Using the Hoof-It Natural Flex Horseshoes.

So I have been using and stocking the Hoof-It Natural Flex Horseshoes for my unique & theraputic pathological issues.

These shoes can be glued on or nailed, I have done both at different times and for different reason but they do work very well in either fashion.  In this particular case I glued them on...


Here you can see that my helper is applying the HOOF-IT 3-in-1 Hoof Glue to the bottom of the shoe. Before I applied this glue I had pre-shaped the Natural Flex shoe to the hoof. this was an easy process of trimming the foot and then outlining the shoe to desired shape and then nipping/grinding the shape to provide he support/protection needed.


Using the "cradle" of my Hoof-It 2-n-1 Hoof Stand I support the hoof and apply my shaped shoe and apply pressure for about 60 secs to allow the glue to cure.


Here is the finished product...  This horse really appreciated the heel support these Natural Flex Horseshoes provided!  I will continue to use these shoes and hoepefully will update you on cases that I've used them on.

J-PDR

www.painteddranch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment